In a kitchen renovation, one of the causes for the delay is installing your kitchen cabinets. DIY kitchen cabinets in San Diego are easy to assemble and install, but that does not mean it’s uncomplicated. Sometimes you see something’s wrong when all of them have been put in place. There are common errors that people make in the process. Read on so you can avoid the same when you install yours.
- Incorrect measurement. Installing San Diego kitchen cabinets is an exact science. You have a space for your cabinets, sinks, and appliances. If your measurements are off, then you will be in trouble. You need to know the precise measurements of your cabinet sections. You don’t want your kitchen to look awkward. Or worse, you will spend more in buying new cabinets. Take into consideration the measurements of your sink and other kitchen appliances to ensure your cabinets will fit in the space provided.
- Informal design layouts. You should get a professional design layout. You can get this for free when you purchase your kitchen cabinets in San Diego, such as in City Cabinet Center. They have experts who can help you choose the style, along with the sizing for upper and lower cabinets.
- Not checking out the cabinets when they arrive. Inspect the goods when they get delivered. Mistakes are unavoidable. Check the boxes to make sure they are the correct size, including the knobs, screws, etc. You might go ahead and install all of them only to find out that something is missing, or it was not of the size that you ordered.
- Lighting and plumbing goes before cabinet installation. Under-cabinet lighting is a lot easier and less expensive when your electrician does his work before your cabinets are installed. Same with plumbing. Dishwashers, trash compactors, refrigerators, sinks, faucets, etc. will need to be taken into account before cabinet installation. Think about whether you will need additional plumbing done – like water filters, garbage disposals – which you might have a hard time adding once your cabinets are in.
- Correct cabinet door direction. Ensure your cabinet doors do not interfere with anything else. Often your stove doors do not clear the cabinet after the handles are put in because a spacer was not used. Spacers provide clearance for handles. City Cabinet Center can provide you spacers with the same color and finish as your cabinets.
- Installing them yourself. Doing it on your own is really not a good idea. Another person can help you hasten the process, and can also verify if your measurement is accurate. He can also ensure your safety by being on a lookout for possible accidents. You will also need someone to hold the cabinet while you screw it in, or hold the ladder while you’re installing a top shelf. If an unfortunate accident happens, then someone can immediately call for help.
You need to be an experienced do-it-yourselfer if you want to install kitchen cabinets on your own. But why go through all the hassle and stress when you can hire an expert in San Diego kitchen cabinets like CITY CABINET CENTER can provide? Cabinet installation is a precision game. Nothing looks worse than an awkward kitchen because of lopsided cabinets.